In my last post I showed you the first of two master bedrooms at The Sassy Seagull. In this post you'll get to see the adjoining bathroom. Before.
This is what we saw when we set eyes on the room...
The room was on the small side and very dated but it had one feature that we were excited about! How about that old clawfoot bathtub!?! Yay! Here it is once the occupant's possessions were gone...
So here was the plan I came up with for this room:
1. Remove the old linoleum flooring. If there is a wood floor in good condition underneath, sand and refinish it. If not, tile the floor with something appropriate to the age of the house that has timeless appeal.
2. Get new fixtures for the tub since the ones on there currently are kinda grungy.
See what I mean?
3. Remove the sink and vanity as well as the wall cabinet above the toilet. Replace with a larger new vanity and new sink. Put some paneling on that wall that matches the other walls.
4. Take the closet space from the kid's bunk room next door and use it instead for the master bathroom/bedroom. It bumps into the room already (see where the wall hooks are)
but it doesn't need to be quite so deep or wide--allowing more room for a larger vanity.
5. Get new vanity lights, an overhead vent/light, and find a gorgeous beach-y mirror and a cool towel bar or towel hooks.
Sooo...that's the plan. I'll show you how it went down in my next post! Thanks for