It's time to landscape the yard at Doc Holiday cottage and thankfully I have a brother, Bill Griffin, a landscape architect in Savannah, who can help. He and his crew from Griffin Landscape Design and Contracting did an amazing job at The Coral Cottage and it made a huge difference! You can see the Before and Afters here.
Recently while I was at Doc Holiday Bill came by to measure the yard and begin working on a plan. We talked over my wish list...
- Plant material that was drought resistant
- A privacy hedge on each side of the house to screen us from the park and the next door neighbor--something tall, thick, and fast-growing
- Oleanders--they are so beachy and have a long-lasting blooming season.
- A brick patio
- Paver walkway to the back door
- Bill's suggestion--make a place to hide the trashcans when they are not curbside for pick up.
This is the proposed plan Bill sent me....
|The front of the house is facing left.|
After looking up a few of the suggested plants to see what they look like and getting some questions answered...
We Have A Plan!!!
Post a Comment