2012 is ending--another one for the history (and the photo) books! And it went too fast. I'm packing up my good memories to hold onto them.
Here are a few recent ones:
This year has been a blur of activity for me--not only have I been driving to Savannah to work on The Coral Cottage but there are two other beach cottages that I have been working on. They are each at different stages of readiness--I can't wait to share them
But just now, today, I am focusing on other treasures:
One of my favorite things to do each year is make a photo book to help me remember all the good things that happened. I usually use a company called Shutterfly because
- They never delete your photos so it is a good place to back up your photos for free.
- There is no limit to the number of photos you can upload.
- It is easy to use their software.
- The only supplies needed are my computer and the photos I have saved on it. I can create for a while, then save my work until later--clean up is a breeze!
- If anything bad ever happens to my photo books I can order new ones. I can also share them with family online.
- I like their photo books--especially the ones with a photo cover. I also enjoy making photo calendars for my kids--now that they are living apart from one another it is nice for them to see pictures of each other's families and think of them. (I was too busy to get that done this year.)
Most people like to save their pictures--do you file yours in a box? Do you have an online photo book company that you use? or do you like to scrapbook with all the fun papers and stickers? However you do it, I hope you will hang onto the good memories and
let the rest go.
I love the old saying, "I don't know what the future holds but I know Who holds the future." It is such a comfort to me to know He is worthy of my trust. Good-bye 2012!
And hello 2013!
HI There!! Happy New Yr!ReplyDelete
thought I'd tell you what I do about the photo book. I actually have my blog made into a book after Dec 31 of every yr. And have one made for each of my kids. It's like a running diary of all we do doing each yr...they may wonder what we did last July 4th? just look thru the blog book and they have actual memories! It's really cool and only takes about 5 min for the company to download a whole yr of blog posts and pics.
I've posted on my blog usually in Feb of each yr the finished product. been doing it for about 5 yrs and have never been disappointed.
Just thought you might like the info!
I love this idea! Which company do you use?Delete